Subject: Bug#397: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#397: Cannot connect when user home folder contains a non-ascii character

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:34:02 +0100

Am 09.01.2014 09:34, schrieb Mike Gabriel:

> I don't think we will provide a fix for the reported bug, as your system
> does not seem to comply to Posix standards.
>
> If you think I am wrong about this, please give feedback.

I agree that we shouldn't try to fix what obviously isn't broken on our 
side, however, we could try to check for the issue and provide a clear 
error message as to what is wrong.

I don't know what programming language the particular part of x2goserver 
is written in, but I would hope that something like this is possible in 
it (pseudocode):

StrippedUsername = strip_non_ascii(Username)
if StrippedUsername != Username {
	report_error('Username does not conform to POSIX conventions.')
	exit
}

-Stefan