Subject: Bug#372: x2goadmin writes to users homes

From: Reinhard Tartler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:13:35 -0500

Package: x2goserver
Severity: serious

Hi,

my understanding of the x2goadmin code [code], end of sub add_user, is
that the code tries to write the sql password in users homes. This
will fail for installations that have the user homes on NFS with the
option "rootsquash" mounted.

I set the severity to "serious" because I imagine that this is a
rather common scenario.

Also, this approach has another problem: Imagine you want to give
access to the unix group "staff"? According to the documentation, you
can use the options "--addgroup" and "--rmgroup" for this. What if a
new employee joins the company later and wants to use x2go? In this
case you need to call x2godbadmin for this new user again, which is
suboptimal.

Is there really no way to get around generated user passwords?

[code] http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blob;f=x2goserver/sbin/x2godbadmin

-- 
regards,
    Reinhard