Subject: GSSAPI support falls back to SSH key

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:17:18 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.2-pre03

Hi Alex,

with the latest GSSAPI patch in X2Go Client, I observe the following:

Session profile options:

autologin = false
krblogin = true

If GSSAPI fails, the underlying ssh process falls back to SSH-key  
based authentication. When this happens on passphrase protected SSH  
keys, I see this when running X2Go Client from the command line:

"""
mike@<host>:~$ LANG=C x2goclient
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_c"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_C"
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: fylgja.das-netzwerkteam.de:32032"
Enter passphrase for key '/home/mike/.ssh/id_rsa':
"""
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At this point X2Go Client waits for the input and only continues with  
SSH key based authentication then (although autologin has been set to  
false!).

Seems like you should limit the ssh subprocess execution to  
GSSAPIAuthentication only and disable all other auth methods (unless  
autologin is true).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb