Subject: Please add config option for "Eye Candy" regarding session icons

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:27:23 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.1.2

The taskbar icon suddenly changes into the seal icon once the connection 
is established.
Please add a checkbox/config file entry to disable this.
I'm sure it will confuse users who have previously used published 
application mode and look for the "Accelerated X" icon that has just 
vanished.

NB: I'm kind of disappointed that we're adding silly eye candy when 
there still are serious bugs to fix.

---

From: Nick Ingegneri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:44:54 -0800 (PST)

I agree that having the icon change when a connection is established is confusing to users. I'd like to see the tool be more consistent in the icon displayed; at the moment users have to juggle the no-machine icon, the accelerated X logo, and now the baby seal. The addition of the seal seems like a step away from consistency.

-Nick

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:59 PM, Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> wrote:
 
Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.1.2

NB: I'm kind of disappointed that we're adding silly eye candy when 
there still are serious bugs to fix.
_______________________________________________
X2Go-Dev mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 21:52:52 +0000

Hi Nick, hi Stefan,

> I agree that having the icon change when a connection is established  
> is confusing to users. I'd like to see the tool be more consistent  
> in the icon displayed; at the moment users have to juggle the  
> no-machine icon, the accelerated X logo, and now the baby seal. The  
> addition of the seal seems like a step away from consistency.

We will add session profile config options to handle bubbles and icon changes.

@Ricardo (who provided those patches): do you think you can add those  
config options / switches? If not, I will take a look.

However, we release 4.0.1.2 the coming weekend. So, this will be a job  
for 4.0.1.3.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb