Subject: Bug#364: Please add config option to disable bubble help text and change the wording of it

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:06:06 +0100

Hi List & hi Bugwatchers,

Mike#1 and I discussed the following approach via phone today:

- x2goclient gets a new commandline option like --debug or --verbose
- when this commandline option is set, the Info-Bubble will show the 
Session-ID; if it is not set, it will only display the information it 
was supposed to display as per Ricardo's original commit
- this change will be implemented for 4.0.1.3
- a config option/checkbox for it will be added with a later release.

- Stefan

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:08:05 +0000

On  Mo 20 Jan 2014 18:06:06 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

> Session-ID; if it is not set, it will only display the information  
> it was supposed to display as per Ricardo's original commit

Targetting this for X2Go Client 4.0.1.14 (and 4.0.2.0). 4.0.1.13 has  
just been released (to get the audio issue off the table).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:22:18 +0000

On  Mi 22 Jan 2014 09:08:05 CET, Mike Gabriel wrote:

>> - when this commandline option is set, the Info-Bubble will show  
>> the Session-ID; if it is not set, it will only display the  
>> information it was supposed to display as per Ricardo's original  
>> commit

Typo... the target, of course, has to be 4.0.1.4 (not .14).

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:57:51 +0200

Am 22.01.2014 10:22, schrieb Mike Gabriel:

>>> - x2goclient gets a new commandline option like --debug or
>>> --verbose - when this commandline option is set, the
>>> Info-Bubble will show the Session-ID; if it is not set, it will
>>> only display the information it was supposed to display as per
>>> Ricardo's original commit - this change will be implemented for
>>> 4.0.1.3 - a config option/checkbox for it will be added with a
>>> later release.
>> Targetting this for X2Go Client 4.0.1.14 (and 4.0.2.0). 4.0.1.13
>> has just been released (to get the audio issue off the table).
> Typo... the target, of course, has to be 4.0.1.4 (not .14). Mike

I just checked as I'm wondering if 4.0.2.0 is ready to be unleashed
upon my customers, and it seems 4.0.2.0 still has the session ID in
the bubble (it says: "New session started: <SesionID>").

Is there any chance we can get that feature - hiding the session id in
the bubble unless --debug is specified on the command line -
implemented/working in the near future?

-Stefan