Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#363: Workaround

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:14:23 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi All,

On  Mi 11 Dez 2013 18:14:03 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> Please test and follow this workaround with x2goclient-4.0.1.2pre02
> (for windows) until a 4.0.1.2pre02 package with the old pulseaudio is
> made (most likely in several hours):
>
> 1. Install x2goclient 4.0.1.2pre02 if you haven't already. It will by
> default be installed to "C:\Program Files\x2goclient\" on 32-bit, and
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\" on 64-bit.
> 2. Rename the installation location's "pulse" subfolder to "pulse-1.1"
> 3. Download  
> http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/releases/4.0.0.3/x2goclient-4.0.0.3.interims-setup.exe
> but do not install it.
> 4. Open that .exe file in 7-zip or peazip as an archive and extract
> the $_OUTDIR\pulse\ folder from it. Do not extract it directly to the
> installation location's folder. Instead, extract it to someplace where
> you have write permissions, such as your "My Documents" so that
> windows UAC file virtualization does not interfere.
> (There's other ways to get this "pulse" folder too. E.g, installing it
> on a spare machine and copying the folder. Temporarily uninstalling
> x2goclient 4.0.1.2pre02 and installing 4.0.0.3.interims, etc.)
> 5. Copy the "pulse" folder to the x2go installation folder.
>
> I quickly tested this workaround on an x2goserver VM running ubuntu
> 12.04.x 32-bit (with the latest updates and the quantal HWE) and it
> did fix this bug for me. (This bug was present when I did not perform
> the workaround.) My client system is windows 8.1 64-bit.
>
> -Mike

The pulseaudio-0.9.6 ,,interim'' build is currently uploading and can  
be obtained from [1] in a few minutes.

Mike (the first)

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/previews/4.0.1.2/
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb