Subject: Bug#363: Workaround

From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:14:03 -0500

Please test and follow this workaround with x2goclient-4.0.1.2pre02
(for windows) until a 4.0.1.2pre02 package with the old pulseaudio is
made (most likely in several hours):

1. Install x2goclient 4.0.1.2pre02 if you haven't already. It will by
default be installed to "C:\Program Files\x2goclient\" on 32-bit, and
"C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\" on 64-bit.
2. Rename the installation location's "pulse" subfolder to "pulse-1.1"
3. Download http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/releases/4.0.0.3/x2goclient-4.0.0.3.interims-setup.exe
but do not install it.
4. Open that .exe file in 7-zip or peazip as an archive and extract
the $_OUTDIR\pulse\ folder from it. Do not extract it directly to the
installation location's folder. Instead, extract it to someplace where
you have write permissions, such as your "My Documents" so that
windows UAC file virtualization does not interfere.
(There's other ways to get this "pulse" folder too. E.g, installing it
on a spare machine and copying the folder. Temporarily uninstalling
x2goclient 4.0.1.2pre02 and installing 4.0.0.3.interims, etc.)
5. Copy the "pulse" folder to the x2go installation folder.

I quickly tested this workaround on an x2goserver VM running ubuntu
12.04.x 32-bit (with the latest updates and the quantal HWE) and it
did fix this bug for me. (This bug was present when I did not perform
the workaround.) My client system is windows 8.1 64-bit.

-Mike

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:14:23 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi All,

On  Mi 11 Dez 2013 18:14:03 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> 3. Download  
> http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/releases/4.0.0.3/x2goclient-4.0.0.3.interims-setup.exe
> but do not install it.

The pulseaudio-0.9.6 ,,interim'' build is currently uploading and can  
be obtained from [1] in a few minutes.

Mike (the first)

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/previews/4.0.1.2/
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:18:01 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goclient package:

#363: Pulseaudio still buggy in standard release of X2Goclient for Windows

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
363: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=363
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#363: Workaround
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:14:23 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi All,

Mike (the first)

[1]  

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

Subject: Pulseaudio still buggy in standard release of X2Goclient for Windows
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:23:27 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.1.2

There's no improvement on the sound issue (Flash videos sound "choppy"), 
yet there's no additional download option where one could download a 
copy of x2goclient-4.0.1.2-pre02-setup that is set to use the old 
pulseaudio.

This is a showstopper for me, I can't roll that out to my customers.

For each previous version since the issue was discovered, an "interim" 
version was published that used the old pulseaudio.

-Stefan