Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#362: Chromium/chrome still crash VcXsrv when used with X2Go (VcXsrv doesn't crash with Chromium/Chrome and plain X via SSH)

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:11:14 +0200

Am 11.12.2013 15:25, schrieb Stefan Baur:
> Package: x2goclient
> Severity: wishlist
> Version: 4.0.1.2
> 
> Even with the newer Xserver that is included in
> x2goclient-4.0.1.2-pre02-setup, Chromium and Chrome still crash at
> random intervals.
> To be exact, they're not crashing themselves, they're crashing the Xserver.
> Pausing and resuming a session lets you continue where you stopped, yet,
> this is an instability that users won't put up with since they quit
> Windows 98/Millennium for good.
> It's only when X2Go is involved that these crashes occur - if you export
> the display with ssh (from PuTTY) instead of using x2goclient.exe,
> Chromium and Chrome behave well.

I'm not seeing this bug any more with Chromium 35.0.1916.114-1~deb7u2 on
Debian Wheezy with X2Go Server
4.0.1.15-0x2go1+git20140403.847+wheezy.main.1 and X2Go Client
4.0.2.0+build2 on Windows 7. Of course, this may just be because I
haven't tested it long enough.

It would be cool if someone else could try to run it in this particular
combination, and try Chrome as well, so we can get a second opinion on
whether to close the bug or not.

-Stefan