Subject: Chromium/chrome still crash VcXsrv when used with X2Go (VcXsrv doesn't crash with Chromium/Chrome and plain X via SSH)

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:25:42 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Version: 4.0.1.2

Even with the newer Xserver that is included in 
x2goclient-4.0.1.2-pre02-setup, Chromium and Chrome still crash at 
random intervals.
To be exact, they're not crashing themselves, they're crashing the Xserver.
Pausing and resuming a session lets you continue where you stopped, yet, 
this is an instability that users won't put up with since they quit 
Windows 98/Millennium for good.
It's only when X2Go is involved that these crashes occur - if you export 
the display with ssh (from PuTTY) instead of using x2goclient.exe, 
Chromium and Chrome behave well.

This is not a showstopper for me (my customers are using Iceweasel so 
far), but it is an issue where I had hoped to see some improvement with 
the new Xserver.

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:11:14 +0200

> Chromium and Chrome behave well.

I'm not seeing this bug any more with Chromium 35.0.1916.114-1~deb7u2 on
Debian Wheezy with X2Go Server
4.0.1.15-0x2go1+git20140403.847+wheezy.main.1 and X2Go Client
4.0.2.0+build2 on Windows 7. Of course, this may just be because I
haven't tested it long enough.

It would be cool if someone else could try to run it in this particular
combination, and try Chrome as well, so we can get a second opinion on
whether to close the bug or not.

-Stefan