Subject: Bug#350 closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> (After revisiting #350: closing this bug with wontfix tag)

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:55:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2godesktopsharing package:

#350: Add --no-icon cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
350: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=350
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: After revisiting #350: closing this bug with wontfix tag
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:53:31 +0000

Control: tag -1 wontfix
Control: close -1

Hi,

the discussed scenario is not relevant for anyone anymore. Such a  
functionality improvement is also a feature request that needs to be  
contracted, if someone really needs it.

Thus, closing issue #350 (add --no-icon option to x2godesktopsharing).

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

Subject: Tag: patch
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:01:41 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.1

This email was sent to x2go-dev mailling list, but since it also refers a Bug, 
I am also filling a  bug report

Hi

I'm developing a program that will use X2Go software. I dont want
users to notice they are using any other program besides my own.

I have two problems right now:

A) X2GoClient
Using SHADOW mode with "--hide" does not work. The interface waits for
selection of Display (usually ":0") and, since there's no input from
user (there's no window) the program does not show anything.
There are possible ways of fixing/improving this situation:
-allow user to set the default display on sessions' file
-create one flag and run program like these: "x2goclient --hide
--sessionid=xxx --select-first-display"

Anyway, i modified the code of x2goclient/onmainwindow.cpp and added
these lines:
l4348:..if( shadowSession )
l4349:....slotShadowSess();
Compiled the program, and now i can run "./x2goclient --hide
--sessionid=xxx" and the window will show up.
This is NOT a fix, this is a nasty workaround. It wontn show the list
even when the "hide" flag is not present.

B) X2GoDesktopSharing
Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"
would be great

I could do these simple changes on my own, but i rather see this
changes on the official code.

Thanks,
Marco Dinis