Subject: Bug#350: Add --no-icon cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:05:10 +0000

Hi Marco,

> B) X2GoDesktopSharing
> Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"
> would be great

Simply adding --no-icon as cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing won't  
make the application usable.

The --no-icon (or rather --hide-icon) should imply another option  
--allow-user=<user> or --allow-group=<group>. You also need the new  
cmdline option --activate-desktop-sharing (which is already there).

Also, what you are trying to implement is kind of a big brother  
software (who is watching you...). My suggestion would be to keep the  
icon in the systray, keep the notification bubbles, but modify  
x2godesktopsharing in a way that no interaction with the desktop  
sharing utility is possible anymore and all sharing functionality is  
enabled by default.

Also: note that you only need x2godesktopsharing if you want to share  
desktop sessions across user accounts. If userA is supposed to share  
desktop of userA (same user) then x2godesktopsharing is not needed.  
That will work out-of-the-box by design of the X11 network access  
protocol.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb