Subject: Bug#350: Add --no-icon cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:05:10 +0000

Hi Marco,

> B) X2GoDesktopSharing
> Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"
> would be great

Simply adding --no-icon as cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing won't  
make the application usable.

The --no-icon (or rather --hide-icon) should imply another option  
--allow-user=<user> or --allow-group=<group>. You also need the new  
cmdline option --activate-desktop-sharing (which is already there).

Also, what you are trying to implement is kind of a big brother  
software (who is watching you...). My suggestion would be to keep the  
icon in the systray, keep the notification bubbles, but modify  
x2godesktopsharing in a way that no interaction with the desktop  
sharing utility is possible anymore and all sharing functionality is  
enabled by default.

Also: note that you only need x2godesktopsharing if you want to share  
desktop sessions across user accounts. If userA is supposed to share  
desktop of userA (same user) then x2godesktopsharing is not needed.  
That will work out-of-the-box by design of the X11 network access  
protocol.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:43:21 +0000

Hi Marco,
(reincluding bug #350 via Cc:)

On  Do 28 Nov 2013 11:20:07 CET, Marco André Dinis wrote:

> I want to have a single session and have that session shared over network=..
> It's a Virtual Machine, i want to access it via SPICE and via X2Go.
> But it must be the same session.
> When i try to connect via X2GoClient using any other method (except
> the SHADOW mode) it creates another session.
> I should not use x2godesktopsharing?
>
> Or am i doing something wrong?

The question is:

Are the users running the X(2Go) session and attempting to start the  
shadow session identical???

If yes, then simply use the session type ,,Connection to a local desktop''.

Within the X(2Go) session you do _not_ have to start the X2Go Desktop  
Sharing tool. It works without if the user who wants to shadow is  
identical with the user running the X(2Go) session.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Marco André Dinis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:58:59 +0000

That's it. What I want works without the DesktopSharing tool.

Thanks, I was complicating things.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I want to have a single session and have that session shared over
>> network..
>>
> Are the users running the X(2Go) session and attempting to start the shadow
> session identical???
>
> Sharing tool. It works without if the user who wants to shadow is identical
> with the user running the X(2Go) session.
>
>
> Mike
>
>
>
> --
>
> DAS-NETZWERKTEAM