Subject: Issue resolved by libcairo updates in Debian

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:43:08 +0200

close #35
thanks

Hi all,

I can happily report that the LibreOffice menu item rendering now  
works perfect in Debian wheezy and Debian unstable when run in X2Go  
sessions (desktop/rootless).

So closing #35.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:48:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goagent package:

#35: On Debian systems (wheezy/sid): Menus in Libreoffice and some other applications are not rendered properly

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Issue resolved by libcairo updates in Debian
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:43:08 +0200

close #35
thanks

Hi all,

So closing #35.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

Subject: On Debian systems (wheezy/sid): Menus in Libreoffice and some other applications are not rendered properly
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 12:57:49 +0200

Package: x2goagent
Version: 3.5.0.15
Severity: grave

for the record: there currently is a grave bug in Debian testing  
(forwarded to freedesktop.org) that describes a rendering problem of  
GTK based application menus.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=666564

I can reproduce these problems with latest x2goagent version, as well.

However, I am not sure, to what respect we can solve this in X2Go. As  
it is a bug in the Xserver code of Xorg, we finally may have to patch  
the solution into x2goagent sometime (or search for it by ourselves)  
but we also may not...

Because: the problem does not occur on Ubuntu precise as X2Go Server.  
It only occurs on Debian wheezy/sid as X2Go Server. This leads me to  
the conclusion that the issue has to be solved inside Debian and we  
will be happy in X2Go once that is fixed.

This bug is for documenting the progress of the X2Go team and others  
on this issue.

1. DESKTOP SESSIONS

   * Menus are rendered ok under Ubuntu precise
   * Menus are sometimes rendered ok under Debian, sometimes lines are missing

2. ROOTLESS SESSIONS

   * Libreoffice (from wheezy/sid) does not have any text in the menus at all
   * On Ubuntu precise Libreoffice looks ok...

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: