Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#349: Make shadow sessions work with --hide option

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:46:26 +0000

Control: retitle -1 Make shadow sessions work with --hide option
Control: tag -1 moreinfo
Control: clone -1 -2
Control: reassign -2 x2godesktopsharing
Control: retitle -2 Add --no-icon cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing
Control: severity -2 wishlist

Hi Marco,

with this mail I split up your report into to separate bug reports.  
One for x2goclient, one for x2godesktopsharing...

On  Di 26 Nov 2013 17:01:41 CET, marcoandredinis wrote:

> I'm developing a program that will use X2Go software. I dont want
> users to notice they are using any other program besides my own.
>
> I have two problems right now:
>
> A) X2GoClient
> Using SHADOW mode with "--hide" does not work. The interface waits for
> selection of Display (usually ":0") and, since there's no input from
> user (there's no window) the program does not show anything.
> There are possible ways of fixing/improving this situation:
> -allow user to set the default display on sessions' file
> -create one flag and run program like these: "x2goclient --hide
> --sessionid=xxx --select-first-display"
>
> Anyway, i modified the code of x2goclient/onmainwindow.cpp and added
> these lines:
> l4348:..if( shadowSession )
> l4349:....slotShadowSess();
> Compiled the program, and now i can run "./x2goclient --hide
> --sessionid=xxx" and the window will show up.
> This is NOT a fix, this is a nasty workaround. It wontn show the list
> even when the "hide" flag is not present.

Please provide a patch for what you did.

Please improve your patch so it is not a workaround anymore. I guess,  
I agree with you, that the X2Go Client window should pop up, if there  
are more than one sharable desktops to select from. If there is only  
one sharable desktop, this should be auto-selected. Can you code that  
into X2Go Client, please?

> B) X2GoDesktopSharing
> Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"
> would be great

This part will be handled in a separate bug. I will reply to this once  
the separate bug is created in X2Go BTS.

> I could do these simple changes on my own, but i rather see this
> changes on the official code.

Let's try to get your needs into upstream code...

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb