Subject: Bug#349: Tag: patch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:01:41 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.1

This email was sent to x2go-dev mailling list, but since it also refers a Bug, 
I am also filling a  bug report

Hi

I'm developing a program that will use X2Go software. I dont want
users to notice they are using any other program besides my own.

I have two problems right now:

A) X2GoClient
Using SHADOW mode with "--hide" does not work. The interface waits for
selection of Display (usually ":0") and, since there's no input from
user (there's no window) the program does not show anything.
There are possible ways of fixing/improving this situation:
-allow user to set the default display on sessions' file
-create one flag and run program like these: "x2goclient --hide
--sessionid=xxx --select-first-display"

Anyway, i modified the code of x2goclient/onmainwindow.cpp and added
these lines:
l4348:..if( shadowSession )
l4349:....slotShadowSess();
Compiled the program, and now i can run "./x2goclient --hide
--sessionid=xxx" and the window will show up.
This is NOT a fix, this is a nasty workaround. It wontn show the list
even when the "hide" flag is not present.

B) X2GoDesktopSharing
Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"
would be great

I could do these simple changes on my own, but i rather see this
changes on the official code.

Thanks,
Marco Dinis

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:46:26 +0000

Control: retitle -1 Make shadow sessions work with --hide option
Control: tag -1 moreinfo
Control: clone -1 -2
Control: reassign -2 x2godesktopsharing
Control: retitle -2 Add --no-icon cmdline option to x2godesktopsharing
Control: severity -2 wishlist

Hi Marco,

with this mail I split up your report into to separate bug reports.  
One for x2goclient, one for x2godesktopsharing...

> even when the "hide" flag is not present.

Please provide a patch for what you did.

Please improve your patch so it is not a workaround anymore. I guess,  
I agree with you, that the X2Go Client window should pop up, if there  
are more than one sharable desktops to select from. If there is only  
one sharable desktop, this should be auto-selected. Can you code that  
into X2Go Client, please?

> Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"

This part will be handled in a separate bug. I will reply to this once  
the separate bug is created in X2Go BTS.

> changes on the official code.

Let's try to get your needs into upstream code...

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Marco André Dinis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:16:32 +0000

Hi

I'm sending the patch.

However this is not the final fix. There are 2 modes: full access and
only view. Right now it starts full access.
That decision could be made using the session info. For example,
create the command SHADOWFULL

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> with this mail I split up your report into to separate bug reports. One for
> x2goclient, one for x2godesktopsharing...
>
> Please improve your patch so it is not a workaround anymore. I guess, I
> agree with you, that the X2Go Client window should pop up, if there are more
> than one sharable desktops to select from. If there is only one sharable
> desktop, this should be auto-selected. Can you code that into X2Go Client,
> please?
>
>> B) X2GoDesktopSharing
> This part will be handled in a separate bug. I will reply to this once the
> separate bug is created in X2Go BTS.
>
--- x2goclient-4.0.1.1/onmainwindow.cpp	2013-11-28 09:34:29.339311221 +0000
+++ x2goclientB/onmainwindow.cpp	2013-09-11 11:07:36.000000000 +0100
@@ -4344,9 +4344,6 @@ void ONMainWindow::selectSession ( QStri
     sessTv->setCurrentIndex ( sessTv->model()->index ( 0, 0 ) );
     sessTv->setFocus();
     selectSessionDlg->show();
-
-    if( shadowSession && sessTv->model()->rowCount() == 1 )
-        slotShadowSess();
 }
 
 void ONMainWindow::slotCloseSelectDlg()

---

From: Marco André Dinis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:03:34 +0000

Any news on implementing this?

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:47:55 +0000

Control: tag -1 patch
Control: tag -1 - moreinfo

Hi Marco,

this is still pending due to ENOTIME. Sorry. It won't get lost as long  
as it is in our bugtracker...

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: