Subject: Bug#348: Possibly workaround for this bug

From: Daniel Babel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 16:06:26 +0100

Hi everybody,

we are running the x2go version 4.0.1.9 with the xfce 4.10 windows 
manager under ubuntu 12.04.3

maybe i have found a fix for the ugly bug in x2go with the mac keyboard 
error.

First:
the error shows up if we worked on our server under the xfce windows 
manager.
if we worked on the kde windows manager there's no problem with the 
keyboard.

so we solved our problem with the following steps.

we found out that the problems with the keyboard under the mac systems 
are caused by two xml files in the xfce4 conf folder.
the files that we had corrected or removed are under the path 
".config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml"

1. the keyboard-layouts.xml:
here you can configure the keyboard layout wich is used under the x11 
environment.
but if you configured the keyboard layout wrong than you have a problem 
with your keyboard under your mac.
the best thin is to remove the file or set the variable "XkbDisable" to 
"true".

2. the xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml:
here are the shortcuts for some actions defined under xfce4.
if you have updated to an newer version of xfce or modified the file, 
than the best thing is to delete the file and do a logout.
when you login again, a new file with all correct statements are made.
this solved the error that typing the "d" minimized all windows on the mac

so this solved our problems and so working with a mac system under x2go 
and xfce 4.10 is possible again.

best regards
daniel babel