Subject: Bug#34: SSH_OPTIONS_FD

From: Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:13:16 +0200

Am 25.09.2012 11:01, schrieb Moritz Struebe:
> On 2012-09-25 10:47, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>>  Sure, it is a
>> fail of system administrator, if he allow such unecrypted authentication
>> over Internet. But I don't even give them a possibility to make such
>> mistake...
Sorry, here should be "I don't want to give" instead of "I don't give"

> 
> I don't really get your point. The credentials are used by the browser
> anyway - because otherwise there would be no need for a proxy. I don't
> think it's our job to disable features because of incompetent system
> administrators. After all proxy authentication is normally used within LANs.

I don't want to disable any features. I only say, it is nice to have a
possibility to send authentication data to server encrypted. In LAN it
is not a such big problem to send it in clear text. But in case of
SSH-Proxy it is an Internet connection. And I want, that every one, who
use this feature with X2Go know, that sending unecrypted data over
Internet is not safe. And that should not be the same authentication
data as used on other servers.

> Morty

Alex
-- 
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email:  [email-masked]
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - everywhere@home