Subject: Bug#34: SSH_OPTIONS_FD

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:25:25 +0200

Hi,

On Di 25 Sep 2012 05:08:19 CEST glpk xypron wrote:

> I am not aware of proxies being contacted over https.

Hmmm... this indeed is true... The feature will mostly be an  
inside-to-outside connection. Hmmm... To get it clear, would we send  
http-proxy authentication strings in cleartext to the proxy server or  
would we send the remote X2Go server credentials to the proxy in  
cleartext.

Sending proxy auth in cleartext probably is common practice (?). Most  
proxy setups do not even need an auth-against-the-proxy.

This feature clearly needs a good documentation so that we do not  
false security alarms on the mailing lists!!!

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb