Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#34: SSH_OPTIONS_FD

From: Oleksandr Shneyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 01:17:56 +0200

Am 24.09.2012 23:22, schrieb Xypron:
> Using libssh compiled from
> http://git.libssh.org/projects/libssh.git/log/?h=v0-5
> I now can successfully connect via a proxy server to a SSH server.
> My coding is available at
> svn co http://www.xypron.de/svn/x2go/x2goclient/branches/proxy/
> 
> The changes in sshmasterconnection.* and connectionwidget.* are complete
> to my understanding.
> In onmainwindow I have only treated one of three entrypoints to
> sshmasterconnection. E.g. LDAP is not proxy enabled yet.
> In onmainwindow the proxy password field I introduced possibly should
> only be shown if a proxy is used and a login provided.
> 
> Best regards
> 
> Heinrich

Hello Heinrich,

I've checked your code and it looks good for me. I'll include it in
master branch soon. You have developed support for HTTP proxy. I'm
working now on a little more complex case - SSH proxy with
password/public key authentication. In the future user should be able to
choose between HTTP and SSH proxy.
I have a one notice. In your case HTTP protocol is used for proxy. It is
mean, that user name and password will be transmitted unencrypted. It
can follow to security issues. Can you think about HTTPS support? This
should be not very difficult, as Qt already supports SSL. You can check
code of HttpBrockerClient class in X2Go Client, which can use HTTPS
connections.

And one more thing, as I understood, this code work only with recent
version of libssh. We should think, how can we make it available for
distributions like squeeze. Such distributions should be also supported
by X2Go Client.

regards,
Alex
-- 
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email:  [email-masked]
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - everywhere@home