Subject: Bug#34: Support for proxy server

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:48:09 +0200

Hi Heinrich,

On Fr 21 Sep 2012 14:20:19 CEST glpk xypron wrote:

> Dear Mike,
>
> what I would like to have is that like in putty I can enter the  
> proxy server, the port, my proxy user, and my proxy password. The  
> x2goclient will create a SSH connection.
>
> As long as x2go does not support this scenario. I have to log onto  
> my server using putty. With putty I log onto port 443 of my server  
> and create a tunnel between port 443 on my laptop to port 443 of my  
> server. The I use the x2goclient to connect to my laptop port 443.

Ok, we will investigate what putty is doing and maybe it is quite easy  
to immitate that. I am still not sure what there is behind that  
technologically.

Please take a look at the SSH proxy feature in PyHoca-GUI and check if  
that meets your requirements.

Do not expect such a feature to be there by tomorrow. It is on the  
wishlist, though.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb