Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#34: SSH_OPTIONS_FD

From: Moritz Struebe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:22:50 +0200

On 2012-09-25 15:14, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
> Okay, now I got it. Have you already tested this feature with proxy
> server configured for HTTPS ?

I don't think this worth investigating. See RT's link[1]:
"Unfortunately, popular modern browsers do not permit configuration of
TLS/SSL encrypted proxy connections. "
and
"The Chrome browser is able to connect to proxies over SSL connections
if configured to use one in a PAC file or command line switch. GUI
configuration appears not to be possible (yet)."
as well as
"[Firefox:] There are bugs open for many years against this browser"

Thus, if it's not supported by any browser it's very unlikely an admin
will set up a _HTTP_ proxy using SSL.

Cheers
Morty

[1]
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS#Encrypted_browser-Squid_connection

-- 
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Martensstr. 1
91058 Erlangen

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : [email-masked]
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty