Subject: Bug#34: SSH_OPTIONS_FD

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:21:23 +0200

hi Alex,

On Di 25 Sep 2012 11:13:16 CEST Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> I don't want to disable any features. I only say, it is nice to have a
> possibility to send authentication data to server encrypted. In LAN it
> is not a such big problem to send it in clear text. But in case of
> SSH-Proxy it is an Internet connection. And I want, that every one, who
> use this feature with X2Go know, that sending unecrypted data over
> Internet is not safe. And that should not be the same authentication
> data as used on other servers.

With SSH proxy support you normally do _not_ send passwords unencrypted.

Manual SSH proxy tunnel:
ssh -l<proxy-user> <proxy-host> -L  
127.0.0.1:<some-local-port>:<ip-or-host-behind-proxy>:<ssh-port-on-remote-host>

and then an X2Go session to

Hostname: 127.0.0.1
Port: <some-local-port>
User: <ssh-user-on-remote-host>

Both SSH authentications do not reveal clear text credentials. So, I  
am wondering what your SSH proxy strategy will be(?).

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb