Subject: RPM issue of the OSBD queues

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:41:03 +0000

tag #332 rpm-packages
thanks

Hi Jan,

can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you should  
add something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that  
resembles this [1].

Thanks,
Mike

[1]  
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blobdiff;f=debian/x2goserver.init;h=5ae86e4832e3f4c497cc238510aa26375d9bcfd3;hp=b56a4cb5898bdf805b533d153a54fd138e06f9b9;hb=b3d9404c654c051875a1f3abcbd3ff81aa6780b7;hpb=d7f10874cafc3113afe50d0e109f084533aace3f

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:23:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday 2013-10-25 12:41, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>
> can you take a look at issue #332 in X2Go BTS. Obviously, you should add
> something to the RPM package's init script of X2Go Server that resembles this

The init script is already whatever was in debian/x2goserver.init.

---

From: Frank Warnke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:43:16 -0400

I have this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on CentOS v6.4 64bit, so that after a 
reboot, x2goclient can still connect to the server;

/bin/mkdir -m 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:21:22 +0000

Hi Frank,

> I have this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on CentOS v6.4 64bit, so that  
> after a reboot, x2goclient can still connect to the server;
>

As Jan stated, there should be an init script for X2Go Server. The  
script launches /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions. It also should handled  
the /tmp/.X11-unix directory. Can you please check if that script is  
in place? Can you also check, why it does not work on your system?  
Thanks.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Frank Warnke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:51:23 -0400

Hi Mike,

I did some more digging.

The start up script, /etc/init.d/x2gocleansessions, has what it needs to 
create the directory /tmp/.X11-unix.  However, that script does not seem 
to be run during system startup on my very minimal CentOS v6.4 servers.

Running "chkconfig --list | grep x2go" does not come up with anything.  
Chkconfig does not see it, so /etc/init.d/x2gocleansessions does not run 
even though it is in the correct directory.

I had to add it manually to chkconfig so it would run on system start up;

# chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions

Now chkconfig sees it as a script to run on system start up;

# chkconfig --list | grep x2go
x2gocleansessions    0:off    1:off    2:off    3:on    4:off 5:on    6:off

Now the start up script /etc/init.d/x2gocleansessions runs on system 
start up and creates /tmp/.X11-unix.

I looked at other application heavy CentOS v6 servers that we have x2go 
"working" on.  They work because it seems that some other application 
creates /tmp/.X11-unix during system start up.  These "working" machines 
also did not have x2gocleansessions running upon system start up.  I ran 
"chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions" on them as well.

If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver 
installation script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add 
x2gocleansessions" run in it.

Thanks,
Frank

On 10/29/2013 04:21 AM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> I have this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on CentOS v6.4 64bit, so that after 
>> a reboot, x2goclient can still connect to the server;
>>

---

From: Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:41:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday 2013-10-29 14:51, Frank Warnke wrote:
>
>If I have figured out the problem, it looks like the x2goserver installation
>script on CentOS v6 may need to have "chkconfig --add x2gocleansessions" run
>in it.

Such consideration has already been done by distros, and I concur
with openSUSE's current opinion to not enable services just because
their constituting package got installed (possibly automated and/or
drawing in dependent packages).

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:54:54 +0000

Hi Jan,

> drawing in dependent packages).

thanks for clearing that up.

Can you please add that bit of information to the X2Go wiki then? The  
X2Go Server DB will fill with loads of dead sessions if the  
x2gocleansessions Perl script (via init script) does not run.

Thanks,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:06:22 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday 2013-10-29 15:54, Mike Gabriel wrote:

> Can you please add that bit of information to the X2Go wiki then? The X2Go
> Server DB will fill with loads of dead sessions if the x2gocleansessions Perl
> script (via init script) does not run.

Which makes me wonder - can't you remove the dead sockets when "it" 
exits?

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:47:01 +0000

Hi Jan,

On  Di 29 Okt 2013 16:06:22 CET, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>>>> installation

no sockets remain. In some cases (session crashes, etc.) a clean-up of  
remaining SSHFS mounts is necessary.

Also, in future version of X2Go Server, the suspend/terminate  
functionality will be provided in x2gocleansessions, as well. A change  
in the database will then actually suspend the session. For the  
correct functionality of the session broker this is necessary already  
today.

Please make x2gocleansessions available or document that it is not  
available and why and how to enable it. Thanks!

Greets,
Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: