Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#93: x2goagent should create /tmp/.X11-unix directory

From: Frank Warnke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:08:27 -0400

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.6

I am experiencing bug #93, which shows "Bug archived" at 
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=93 since Mon, 04 Feb 2013 
06:24:01 GMT.

I am running a Linode virtual private server with a minimal CentOS 6.4 
installation.  It did not have /tmp/.X11-unix by default.

I installed x2goserver via the x2go repo;

wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/x2go.repo 
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/RemoteDesktop:/x2go/RHEL_6/X11:RemoteDesktop:x2go.repo

# rpm -qa | grep x2go
x2goagent-3.5.0.20-4.1.x86_64
x2goserver-4.0.1.6-1.1.x86_64

X2goclient sessions would hang and the server side message was;
# cat clients
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be 
created.
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.X11-unix) failed, errno = 2
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

I had to create /tmp/.X11-unix manually, or log in as the root user via 
x2goclient to solve the problem.  With /tmp/.X11-unix created, the non 
root user's can now log in with x2goclient running on Windows XP/7 and 
Debian.