Subject: Bug#322: RDP connection through SSH proxy: Unable to execute: rdesktop

From: Mathias Ewald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:08:21 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.1-0

x2goclient session configuration:

[20131009111725764]
speed=2
pack=16m-jpeg
quality=9
fstunnel=true
export=
iconvto=UTF-8
iconvfrom=ISO8859-1
useiconv=false
fullscreen=false
multidisp=false
display=1
maxdim=false
rdpclient=rdesktop
directrdpsettings=
width=800
height=600
dpi=86
setdpi=true
xinerama=false
usekbd=true
layout=us
type=pc105/us
sound=false
soundsystem=pulse
startsoundsystem=true
soundtunnel=true
defsndport=true
sndport=4713
print=false
name=windows rdp test
icon=:icons/128x128/x2gosession.png
host=PUBLIC_IP
user=mathias
key=
rdpport=3389
sshport=22
autologin=false
krblogin=false
directrdp=false
rootless=false
published=false
applications=WWWBROWSER, MAILCLIENT, OFFICE, TERMINAL
command=RDP
rdpoptions=
rdpserver=PRIVATE_IP
xdmcpserver=localhost
usesshproxy=true
sshproxytype=SSH
sshproxyuser=mathias
sshproxykeyfile=
sshproxyhost=PUBLIC_IP
sshproxyport=22
sshproxysamepass=false
sshproxysameuser=false
sshproxyautologin=true
uniquehostkeyaliases=0
setsessiontitle=0
sessiontitle=
autostart=0
forwardsshagent=0
mimeboxaction=OPEN
variant=
mimeboxextensions=
autoconnect=0
useexports=1
restoreexports=0
usemimebox=0

x2go client error message in GUI:

"Unable to execute: rdesktop -g 800x600 PRIVATE_IP"

but rdesktop is there:

mathias@x220:~$ dpkg -l | grep rdesktop
ii  rdesktop 1.7.1-1                                 amd64        RDP 
client for Windows NT/2000 Terminal Server and Windows Servers
mathias@x220:~$ which rdesktop
/usr/bin/rdesktop
mathias@x220:~$

x2go client debug output:

mathias@x220:~$ x2goclient --debug
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting x2goclient..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_en_us"
x2go-WARNING-2> "Can't load translator: :/qt_en_US"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1165> Removing apps from tray
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1133> Plugging apps in tray.
x2go-INFO-3> "Started  x2goclient."
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:464> "$HOME=/home/mathias"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2160> Reading 5 sessions from config file.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1165> Removing apps from tray
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: 88.198.244.99:22"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2796> Start new ssh connection to 
server:"88.198.244.99":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:2891> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3117> Continue normal x2go session
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:1165> Removing apps from tray
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:3940> Executing remote command: 
"X2GODPI=86 x2gostartagent 800x600 adsl 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_24 us 
pc105/us 1 R RDP"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:4707> Agent output: "53
bf5828ddcf1e1409b3109a596ef1115a
8154
mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24
30001
30002
30003
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5272> "Starting NX proxy, command: 
nxproxy -S 
nx/nx,options=/home/mathias/.x2go/S-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24/options:53"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "
NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '2723'.
Session: Starting session at 'Sun Oct 13 10:58:47 2013'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31001'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31001' established.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: 
Connection with remote proxy completed.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Warning: 
Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent session.
Info: Using ADSL link parameters 512/24/1/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_24'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Session: 
Session started at 'Sun Oct 13 10:58:48 2013'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: 
Established X server connection.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Info: Using 
shared memory parameters 1/2048K.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Session: 
Terminating session at 'Sun Oct 13 10:58:49 2013'.
Info: Your session was closed before reaching a usable state.
Info: This can be due to the local X server refusing access to the client.
Info: Please check authorization provided by the remote X application.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5532> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Session: 
Session terminated at 'Sun Oct 13 10:58:49 2013'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5400> Deleting Proxy.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5449> Waiting for proxy to exit.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5469> Checking exit status.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:5520> Finished Proxy.
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:8578> "Command Message: X2GORUNCOMMAND 
ERR NOEXEC:rdesktop  -g 800x600  10.173.20.13
"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:11252> "Searching window with title: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../onmainwindow.cpp:9762> "Searching proxy win: 
X2GO-mathias-53-1381656965_stRRDP_dp24"
...

cheers
Mathias