Subject: Bug#316: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#316: Can't see session icon in shadow sessions

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:30:12 +0000

tag #316 moreinfo
tag #316 - patch
thanks

Hi Ricardo,

On  Fr 04 Okt 2013 13:33:56 CEST, Ricardo Díaz Martín wrote:

> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.1.0
> Tag: patch
>
> When you launch a session using .desktop file (session saved as a launcher
> in the desktop) you can't see the tray icon though you choose this option
> in x2go settings
>
> Attaching patch to solve this issue.

I have looked at your patch (and the concept behind it) more closely.  
Your current patch will break setups where people launch X2Go Client  
via a .desktop file and expect no traces of X2Go Client to be seen on  
screen apart from the session itself.

Suggestions: introduce a new cmdline option --tray-icon. This Option  
activates the tray icon even if it is disabled in the  
~/.x2goclient/settings file. In combination with --hide the  
--tray-icon command then makes the tray icon visible for hidden X2Go  
Client instances.

How about that?

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb