Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#307: x2goserver dependency breaks

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:21:36 +0000

Hi Scott,

On  Do 26 Sep 2013 19:28:49 CEST, westlake wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure which package installed it as a dependency  
> other than it was mysql-workbench.
>
> apt-cache policy python-paramiko indicated it was from x2go's repository
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=721733
>
> The python-paramiko edition from x2go's repository isn't compatible  
> with mysql-workbench (mysql-workbench is from debian's repositories)
>
> (when I install x2goclient and x2goserver, they wouldn't be needing  
> python-paramiko, so it's heavily not a problem.. I simply take out  
> the x2go repository soon-after because of this specific problem with  
> python-paramiko. I'd prefer not to though.. I'm actually trying to  
> get the word out for x2go and I think it's a good app for more  
> people to feedback upon.)
>
> Thanks..
>
> -Scott

Can you say what exactly the issue is with mysql-workbench and  
python-paramiko? In the long run, python-paramiko will be upgraded in  
Debian, as well, and the mysql-workbench package must adapt to that.

Still, I understand that latest paramiko upstream breaks the stability  
of your system. The best approach probably would be if we opened up a  
squeeze-backports and wheezy-backports archive for such packages.  
Because

   (a) those packages then would not install over stable packages from Debian
   (b) the user has to choose explicitly to use the backport package

It would be cool if you could send us the exact error that's  
happenening (as I am also a contributer to python-paramiko). Maybe  
some latest upstream development broke backwards compatibility and  
this then should get fixed in paramiko upstream.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb