Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#307: x2goserver dependency breaks

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:15:20 +0200

Control: reassign -1 python-x2go
Control: found -1 0.4.0.9
Control: tag -1 moreinfo

On Fr 13 Sep 2013 11:04:39 CEST westlake wrote:

> python-paramiko from packages.x2go.org, for eg breaks  
> mysql-workbench on debian..

Please let me know why you think this. Is there a dependency conflict?  
Or are files in python-paramiko that exist (by name) in any of the  
other Debian packages?

> I suppose I can try to divert or use Wheezy/sid, but I'd just like  
> to share this info
>
> Since time is spent into making .deb files, why not simply have it  
> available with debian directly? It can prevent the above problem :)
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=465821

The Debian packaging by X2Go upstream is for providing more recent  
X2Go component versions to users of Debian stable / oldstable.

The client-side of X2Go already is in Debian [1]. The server-side is  
problematic as getting nx-X11 into Debian [2,3] is problematic.

Greets,
Mike (who is X2Go upstream and a Debian Developer)

[1]  
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=[email-masked]
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/655699
[3]  
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2013/debconf13/webm-high/960_X2Go_Terminal_Server_Suite_and_Debian.webm

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb