Subject: Bug#302: Patch review for #302 (was: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#302: (no subject))

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 06:10:58 +0000

Control: reassign -1 nxagent
Control: found -1 3.5.0.24
Control: fixed -1 3.5.0.25
Control: tag -1 confirmed

### the bug is pending anyway, so I don't set the pending tag  
explicitly above.

Hi Alex

On  Mi 25 Jun 2014 16:47:20 CEST, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> """
> Control: tag -1 - pending
> Control: reassign -1 nxagent
> Control: tag -1 confirmed

The bug tracker accepts these commands, but the leading quotes (""")  
of the mail body have prohibited the control commands to be executed  
in the BTS system...

> Hi all,
>
> I made some changes in nx and x2goserver sources:
>
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commit;h=cee48577633c72988dd8563ceae7bf04cfe7d518

These patches have been committed on the master branch of X2Go Server.  
On the master branch we have been developing the next major release of  
X2Go Server for a while. The release of 4.1.0.0 has been pending  
because I want to get Telekinesis and mTeleplayer into that next major  
release (X2Go 4.1.0.0 ?). Maybe we need a new codename for that next  
release (Baikal+1).

(1)
So, if you want to get this code (or the essence of it) into the next  
x2goserver 4.0.1.16 release (which is overdue already), you have to  
backport your changes to the release/4.0.1.x branch in x2goserver.git

  $ git checkout release/4.0.1.x

With small patches, I normally try "git cherry-pick  
<commithash-on-master-branch>" but with such a large code changes,  
esp. around the newly introduced X2Go::Server Perl package, this is  
not possible. So the inclusion in x2goserver 4.0.1.16 would mean this:

   o backport the patch to release/4.0.1.x branch manually
   o you can try git cherry-pick, but the fixing of conflicts will  
need quite some Git knowledge...
   o commit the fix to release/4.0.1.x branch, mention it in changelog  
stanza of 4.0.1.16
   o on master branch move your changelog entry from 4.1.0.0 down to 4.0.1.16

(2)
The commit breaks the RPM nightly builds [1]. Once everything under  
(1) has been sorted out, I can take a look at that.

(3)
The commit causes some installation dependency trouble on  
Debian/Ubuntu. I won't get to fixing issues before this afternoon, so  
maybe you can take a look at that already (remove dropped dependencies  
/ Perl packages from "Depends:" (libfile-readbackwards-perl), add new  
dependencies / Perl packages to "Depends: where appropriate...  
(libswitch-perl is missing) ).

(4)
If the issue is really solved with this approach, please remove the  
x2gonxcleanup code again from the sources, so that we don't have  
unused code in the X2Go Server source tree.

> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=commit;h=c62b81304ca9906fe608f7387025162107d8d8ab

(1)
The patch's filename (211_nxcomp_set_default_options.patch) won't make  
it into the release tarball. The debian/roll-tarball.sh scripts  
expects a ".full." in the patch filename for patches that are for  
nx-libs (nxcomp, nxcompshad, nxcompext, nx-X11) and a ".full+lite."  
for patches that should make it into the nx-libs tarball release _AND_  
into the nx-libs-lite tarball release (i.e. nxcomp+nxproxy).

So for this patch, please rename the file to  
211_nxcomp_set_default_options.full+lite.patch. Make sure to adapt the  
debian/patches/series file with this commit.

(2)
The patch number is 211, but the position in debian/patches/series is  
at the very end. Please match patch number _and_ position in the  
series file. At the end of the series file there are a few  
Debian/Ubuntu specific patches (".debian.patch"). Only those patches  
get applied at the very end of the patching processes. The patch  
number denotes, that the patch relates to an earlier patch of the same  
number.

> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=commit;h=9f6eb6f796e81b00ff5b37c9abc89bb159e4e372

(1)
Please rename the patch filename to  
210_nxagent_nxcomp_save_session_state.full.patch
                                                                           ^^^^
(2)
Please fix the patch's position in the debian/patches/series file.

> This should fix #302 I was able to restore all sessions on windows an
> Linux after crashes of x2goclient, nxproxy and by network failure.

Greets,
Mike

[1] https://jenkins.x2go.org:8443/view/Server/

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb