Subject: http broker client in X2Go Client: setpass task does not require old password

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:49:29 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Severity: important
Version: 3.99.3.0-prerelease

Hi Alex,

The current implementation of the http session broker code in X2Go  
Client has a task called setpass.

 From reading the code of the example session broker you sent me some  
weeks ago and from looking at the X2Go Client code in  
httpbrokerclient.cpp you do not request the user to enter his old  
password before changing it to a new password.

 From my perspective this is a no-go feature and it should be changed  
to something that also PAM and other passwd tools would do. Request  
the old passwd, set the new password (twice on the GUI).

Even if there is an authentication happening prior to changing the  
password, the old password should be queried again, before a password  
change is possible.

With x2gobroker in Git, I I would like to work in this direction and  
we will need an adaptation in X2Go Client sooner or later, I guess.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb