Subject: SSH key based authentication problems

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:34:01 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Tags: confirmed
Version: 4.0.1.0
Severity: important
x-debbugs-cc: [email-masked]

I myself have also observed the issue reported by Matthias. Adding  
this as a bug. This should get fixed before the release of 4.0.1.1.

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von [email-masked] -----
      Datum: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:54:55 +0200
        Von: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
    Betreff: [X2Go-User] Login via ~/.ssh/authorized_keys fails
         An: [email-masked]

Hi,
I am looking for input on how to set up an ssh key-based authentication.

I generated an RSA key pair with puttygen and added it to
~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 => confirmed that I can login with putty.
Now, I specify the same private key in x2goclient (windows). I enter my
password and I am then prompted for the password of the ssh key. I enter
it and the same ssh key password prompt reappears. This seems to be an
infinite loop. When I cancel it, I get a message saying that only
publickey is supported as login method (which corresponds to my
sshd_config settings).

I then tried renaming ~/.ssh/authorized_keys and using a DSA key pair.
putty still works as expected with both of these alternatives.
x2goclient still shows the same problems however. It only lets me login
if I adapt my sshd_config and authenticate via user / password combination.

Is this a known limitation?
What is the best way to achieve high security? Can I limit the x2go
connections to only LAN IPs (without restricting the pure ssh connections)?

Best Wishes,
Matthias Kauer
_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb