Subject: Bug#289: Launch (suspended) X2Go sessions without the need of client-side X11

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:08:20 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Severity: wishlist
x-debbugs-cc: Yohan <[email-masked]>

Hi Yohan,

On Mi 21 Aug 2013 18:19:08 CEST Yohan wrote:

> It seems pyhoca-cli requires an active xserver to start. No ?

Argh.. Sure... I missed that detail. Of course it needs a local  
X-Server. This is a pain for your use case.

I file my reply here as a wishlist bug.

The use case is: a feature where X2Go sessions could be launched  
without a local X-Server being necessary.

Actually, we could follow two approaches here. A server-side session  
trigger that gets called via a simple SSH connection (or via CRON on  
boot). The other option would be a pyhoca-cli that fires up the  
session from remote, but does not require a local X to be present.

For your use case the first will be more appropriate.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb