Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#285: keyboard layout selected in x2go client isn't applied to the session

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 12:16:56 +0200

Control: tag -1 confirmed

Hi Maciej,

I have taken a look at this issue this morning and I think in some  
parts you are right, in some parts you are wrong.

On Mo 05 Aug 2013 01:45:45 CEST "Maciej S. Szmigiero" wrote:

> Package: x2goserver
> Version: 4.0.1.3
>
> It seems that the keyboard layout selected in x2go client isn't  
> applied to the session.
>
> I've tracked the issue to "keyboard" blocking directory being  
> created by x2gostartagent script:
> if [ "$X2GO_SET_KBD" == "0" ] || [ "$X2GO_KBD_TYPE" != "auto" ]; then
> 	$X2GO_LIB_PATH/x2gosyslog "$0" "info" "blocking creation of agent's  
> keyboard file ${SESSION_DIR}/keyboard as requested by session  
> startup command"
> 	mkdir -p ${SESSION_DIR}/keyboard
> fi
>
> X2GO_KBD_TYPE contains the actual keyboard type, so its not "auto"  
> and the blocking directory gets created.
> I've changed it to "[ "$X2GO_KBD_TYPE" == "auto" ]" and the keyboard  
> layouts gets applied on session startup.

x2gostartagent: here I do not see an issue. Not that in X2Go Server  
there are three ways to set up your keyboard:

   1) no setup at all (setxkb=false in sessions file)
   2) setup a specific setup (e.g. type=pc105/us, layout=us)
   3) automatic setup (-> type=auto, layout=)

The server-side script ,,x2gosetkeyboard'' is only used for 3).

The keyboard setup for 2) is managed from the client side by issuing  
setxkbmap commands via the open SSH channel.

On x2gostartagent, everything (after testing with PyHoca-GUI and X2Go  
Client) works as expected.

> There is also similar code in x2goresume-session:
> # set client-side keyboard model, type, variant, etc.
> if [ "$X2GO_SET_KBD" != "0" ] && [ "$X2GO_KBD_TYPE" == "auto" ]; then
>
> Here it should probably be "[ "$X2GO_KBD_TYPE" != "null/null" ]", as  
> few lines earlier the script
> will change X2GO_KBD_TYPE to this value when it is set to "auto" or  
> when X2GO_SET_KBD is zero.

For x2goresume-session, however, you dug out a minor issue. This issue  
has been fixed now, see the automatic follow-up mail which will point  
you to the code change in X2Go Git.

Thanks for contributing to X2Go,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb