Subject: Bug#272: [X2Go-User] Session resume fails with AFS home directories

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:40:06 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.3

Hi Sebastian,

(quoting your complete original mail, so we have it in the bug report  
I create with this/my reply)

On Fr 26 Jul 2013 15:08:50 CEST Sebastian Flothow wrote:

> I've just set up a Debian 7 box with X2Go. It does work in that it  
> is possible to start new sessions, however, resuming a previous  
> session does not work, it always results in this message: "The  
> remote proxy closed the connection while negotiating the session.  
> This may be due to the wrong authentication credentials passed to  
> the server."
>
> I suspect this is due to the fact that home directories are stored  
> in AFS (for regular users, that is; when logging in as root, whose  
> home directory is on a local ext4 FS, resume does work). Accessing  
> AFS requires an AFS token in the user's name, obtaining this in turn  
> requires a Kerberos ticket. PAM is set up to obtain both  
> automatically on login, but I guess something goes wrong there  
> during session resume.
>
> Is it possible to add custom commands to the X2Go login/resume  
> procedure? It would be quite helpful if the client could run klist  
> and tokens through the ssh session, and either log or display the  
> output.

Is there any environment variable that we have to set before we can  
access the home directory of the user?

My guess is that we have to set at least

   export KRB5CCNAME=???

Maybe any other env var for the AFS token?

We should get this issue fixed upstream, so I have switched over to  
x2go-dev and our bug tracker (done by sending my reply). Please reply  
to [email-masked] with your reply. Thanks.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb