Subject: Bug#270: xinerama.conf sometimes contains bogus

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:00:56 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.0

Hi Alex,

a bug report on broken xinerama.conf files (negative display  
resolution!!!)... Quoting from IRC...

23:30 < dlmcob> sunweaver: seems somehow the xinerama.conf is getting  
destroyed (sometimes) or not
                 created correctly
23:30 < dlmcob> if I create a "correct" file by hand, and store it in /tmp
23:30 < dlmcob> then I add these lines into x2goruncommand at line 48:
23:30 < dlmcob> cp /tmp/xinerama.conf $NX_XINERAMA_CONF
23:30 < dlmcob> chmod 444 $NX_XINERAMA_CONF
23:30 < dlmcob> i get 100% success rate for xinerama.  otherwise it's  
about 5% of the time it
                 works.
23:31 < dlmcob> HTH
23:31 < dlmcob> BTW, the contents of my /tmp/xinerama.conf is:
23:31 < dlmcob> 0 0 1920 1200
23:31 < dlmcob> 1920 0 1920 1200

[...]

23:57 < dlmcob> ok. further information regarding why xinerama.conf  
gets destroyed. here's whan
                 ONMainWindow::slotConfigXinerama() is executing:
23:58 < dlmcob> export DISPLAY=:103;printf '-2 -645 1920 1200\\n1918  
-645 1920 1200' >
                  
~/.x2go/C-david-103-1374615901_stDmate-session_dp24/xinerama.conf
23:58 < dlmcob> notice that the geometry for the first monitor is -2  
(negative two) -645.  if I
                 run this command, I get an error:
23:58 < dlmcob> printf: usage: printf [-v var] format [arguments]
23:59 < dlmcob> because printf sees -2 as an option.  (besides which  
the -2 is probably bogus)

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb