Subject: X2Go Client fails to resume

From: Edouard Villeneuve <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:22:26 +0200

Package: not_applicable

Hello,

About half of the time, when I run X2Go Client on Windows (4.0.0.3) in a
high-speed LAN environment, the session fails to resume:

·         Displaying details shows that it gets stuck after a few lines of
output (first screenshot)

·         I then typically exit and restart X2Go client and it often works
(but not always)

·         If it still doesn’t, I exit again and restart again… Eventually,
it ends up working (second screenshot)

Full logs on 2nd screen:

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '28296'.

Session: Starting session at 'Fri Jul 12 07:50:20 2013'.

Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31051'.

Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31051' established.

Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_32'. Assuming agent
session.

Warning: Failed to read data from the X auth command.

Warning: Generated a fake cookie for X authentication.

Info: Using ADSL link parameters 512/24/1/0.

Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.

Info: Using pack method '64k-jpeg-7' with session 'unix-kde-depth_32'.

Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.

Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.

Info: Using cache file
'/cygdrive/C/Users/EVILLE~1.PLD/X2GO~1/cache-unix-kde-depth_32/S-3C19BBB98D4E5CCCADDDDF384B70B5E6'.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display 'localhost:0'.

Session: Session started at 'Fri Jul 12 07:50:21 2013'.

Info: Established X server connection.

Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K.

Thanks,

- Edouard

Edouard Villeneuve | IS Manager | PLDA Group | Cell : +33 (0) 670 409 549 |
http://www.plda.com/

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:02:23 +0200

reassign #263 x2goclient
tag #263 moreinfo
thanks

Hi Edouard,

> it ends up working (second screenshot)

Can you give us some more info on this reported issue?

   o Server side distro and version
   o The output of x2goversion (executed on the server from a command line)
   o Are the home directories of the server local or on NFS?
   o Any other setup specific info that may be important to us (chrooted users,
     etc.)

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb