Subject: Bug#260: [X2Go-Dev] Mac client not accepting input after disconnect

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:12:31 +0200

Hi Stefan,

On Mo 22 Jul 2013 12:56:43 CEST Stefan Baur wrote:

> Am 22.07.2013 12:22, schrieb Anders Bruun Olsen:
>>    The current problem about the Mac OS version of X2Go Client is that
>>    the upstream developers (Alex and Mike, mainly) do not have a Mac
>>    hardware at hand to get issues like this one fixed.
>>    If someone can permanently provide us with hardware (or contract us
>>    so that we can buy some Mac OS X capable device), it will make it
>>    much more likely that Mac OS issues get fixed in a much quicker way.
>>
>>
>> I doubt that I can convince my boss to let me give you a Mac, but I am
>> going to start bugging him about us providing at least some financial
>> aid to get you guys som Mac hardware. No promises, but I am going to
>> talk to him about it, when he gets back from vacation.
>
> Again I would like to point out that my company, BAUR-ITCS UG, is  
> offering free ssh (and tunneled VNC) access to a Mac Mini for  
> X2Go-Dev purposes. It doesn't run the latest Version of OS X, but  
> 10.6 and 10.7 are available (dual-boot).
>
> The machine was rented out to Mike previously, but he didn't get  
> around to work on it during the time it was there, so it's back in  
> our premises. If any of the core devs wants to place it in a central  
> X2Go colocation space, where all devs can access it and test-drive  
> it against various virtual X2Go server installations, we're open to  
> that option.

At the time I had your Mac at my office, I was mainly working on  
Python X2Go and the focus at that time was to get the Windows version  
working properly. I had a dream of a Mac port of PyHoca-GUI / Python  
X2Go, but the focus had to be put on something else at that time.

Also: I am not an enthusiastic Mac user. So the Mac OS X2Go Client is  
far from being of personal interest with me. Working on bug fixes  
would be more about working on the project's reputation. It would be  
more authentic if one of the people really enthusiastic about Mac OS  
would start working on patches.

@Stefan: Let's give it a try via VNC+SSH, but my feeling is that real  
hardware (optimal: a notebook that can be shoved under the table)  
might support bug fixing tremendously. Please send me login  
information. If you want to have a queue from me, please request it  
from me privately.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb