Subject: Bug#260: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#260: Mac client not accepting input after disconnect

From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:22:58 +0200

2013/7/19 Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>

> (explicitly CC:ing Anders who may give feedback on this)
>

You seem to have forgotten to do that, but I caught it anyways :)

>  I can connect to different servers, work with it, but as soon as I
>> disconnect a session, the client won't access any key inputs. I can still
>> click with the mouse and get reactions like opening the settings dialog, I
>> can even enter text in the settings dialog, but I cannot log in anymore as
>> I cannot enter a password (or change my username).
>> This happens on different Macs, all using the latest Version of OS X 10.8
>> (one tested with 10.8.3).
>
> Sound like this issue has been reported before: #139. Thus, merging these
> bug reports with one another.
>

We experience the same problem with x2goclient on Mac, also in broker mode.
It has been there since we started out with it, and yes, my guess is that
bug #139 covers it.
To us, it is only a minor issue, since our users don't log off and on again
a lot. They start x2goclient on their Macs, which I have customized to be
in broker mode and contact our broker. They just type their username and
password, and the only available session is chosen automatically for them.
When they log out, it is normally because they are done using x2go, and
thus close x2goclient completely. Therefore they never experience the
problem with the unresponsive text fields.

> The current problem about the Mac OS version of X2Go Client is that the
> upstream developers (Alex and Mike, mainly) do not have a Mac hardware at
> hand to get issues like this one fixed.
> If someone can permanently provide us with hardware (or contract us so
> that we can buy some Mac OS X capable device), it will make it much more
> likely that Mac OS issues get fixed in a much quicker way.
>

I doubt that I can convince my boss to let me give you a Mac, but I am
going to start bugging him about us providing at least some financial aid
to get you guys som Mac hardware. No promises, but I am going to talk to
him about it, when he gets back from vacation.

Dirk: I am still fairly new at running an x2go solution, but have been
running a two node terminalserver solution with NoMachine for years. We are
currently switching to x2go with a load balancing broker, thin clients
using the x2gothinclient environment and a bunch of users logging on from
their Macs at home or on the road. I would be glad to provide you with
information about getting such a setup up and running, and about how I have
customized our x2goclient.app to work seamlessly in our environment.

-- 
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab
(Society for Danish Language and Literature)