Subject: Cannot log in on Centos 6.4 without Xorg running

From: Jan Middelkoop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:31:49 +0200

Package: x2goagent
Version: 3.5.0.20-3.1

I had X2Go working on Centos 6.4.  After a reboot however, I could no 
longer login.  From the session log in /tmp/:

Error: Aborting session with 'Cannot establish any listening sockets - 
Make sure an X server isn't already running'.
Session: Aborting session at 'Mon Jul  1 15:26:23 2013'.
Session: Session aborted at 'Mon Jul  1 15:26:23 2013'.

There was no X server running.  So, out of curiousity, I tried to 
manually start Xorg to see what would happen.  Xorg started without 
problems.  After this, I could log in again to X2Go.  After that I 
killed Xorg.  The X2Go client stayed logged in.  I closed the client, 
and tried logging in again - but it didn't work until I restarted the 
Xorg server.

After being logged in for a while again, I killed the Xorg server (by 
accident, actually).  But it seems at this moment I can somehow log in 
without the X server running.