Subject: Segmentation fault in x2goclient

From: Heinrich Schuchardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 23:01:43 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.0
Severity: severe

When trying to connect to a x2go server I experience a first failure 
when the session should be established and a segmentation error ending 
x2goclient when closing the session window:

== Packages installed ==

.../libxcomp3_2%3a3.5.0.20-0+wheezy~main~405~build1_amd64.deb) ...
.../nxproxy_2%3a3.5.0.20-0+wheezy~main~405~build1_amd64.deb) ...
.../x2goclient_4.0.1.0-0~x2go1+wheezy~main~380~build1_amd64.deb) ...

== Output in x2goclient ==

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '9249'.
Session: Starting session at 'Sun Jun 23 22:35:13 2013'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31001'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31001' established.
ZeitüberschreitungInfo: Aborting the procedure due to signal '15'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Sun Jun 23 22:35:43 2013'.

== Output in console ==

ONMainWindow constructor

ONMainWindows constructor finished, home Directory is: "/home/user"

read  1  sessions from config file
start new ssh connection to server: "10.0.0.5" : "22" krb:  false

ssh connection ok

continue normal x2go session

"x2gostartagent 1280x1024 lan 16m-jpeg-9 unix-kde-depth_24 de pc105/de 1 
D KDE"

Agent output: "50
cf4921e4ba383a630708d7a92be69259
14724
user-50-1372019694_stDKDE_dp24
30001
30002
30003
"
starting nxproxy with:  "nxproxy -S 
nx/nx,options=/home/user/.x2go/S-user-50-1372019694_stDKDE_dp24/options:50"

"
NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '9249'.
Session: Starting session at 'Sun Jun 23 22:35:13 2013'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31001'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31001' established.
"

"channel_forward_listen schlug fehl"  -  ""
deleting proxy

nxproxy not running

proxy deleted

checking exit status
check command message

Speicherzugriffsfehler (segmentation fault)

== Valgrind Output ==

==9291== Process terminating with default action of signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
==9291==  Access not within mapped region at address 0x5C
==9291==    at 0x49C128: ??? (in /usr/bin/x2goclient)
==9291==    by 0x446ABF: ??? (in /usr/bin/x2goclient)
==9291==    by 0x446D05: ??? (in /usr/bin/x2goclient)
==9291==    by 0x4CAD69: ??? (in /usr/bin/x2goclient)
==9291==    by 0x6E5854E: QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject 
const*, int, void**) (in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x6511F31: QAbstractButton::clicked(bool) (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x626606D: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x626689F: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x6266B0B: 
QAbstractButton::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x6320A89: QToolButton::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) 
(in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x5EFBE0F: QWidget::event(QEvent*) (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==    by 0x5EAC70B: QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, 
QEvent*) (in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4.8.2)
==9291==  If you believe this happened as a result of a stack
==9291==  overflow in your program's main thread (unlikely but
==9291==  possible), you can try to increase the size of the
==9291==  main thread stack using the --main-stacksize= flag.
==9291==  The main thread stack size used in this run was 8388608.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 06:10:52 +0200

severity #249 serious
tag #249 moreinfo
thanks

Hi Heinrich,

On So 23 Jun 2013 23:01:43 CEST Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> when the session should be established and a segmentation error  
> ending x2goclient when closing the session window:

Can you check this against a latest build of X2Go Client?

Either install x2goclient package from

   deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian wheezy nightly

or build it from source (debuild -uc -us after cloned from Git).

Please report back, if the latest version show the same behaviour.

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb