Subject: Bug#240: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 not supported

From: Heinrich Schuchardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 21:25:13 +0200

What I observed is that the entries in known_hosts created by ssh that 
are not supported contain a string ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 instead of ssh-rsa.
Hashed entries with ssh-rsa are supported.

readelf -d /usr/bin/x2goclient
|does not show a dependency on libcrypto which contains the elliptic 
curve cryptography functions while
readlef -d /usr/bin/ssh
shows such a dependency.|

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:35:04 +0200

merge #240 #106
thanks

Hi Heinrich,

On So 16 Jun 2013 21:25:13 CEST Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> What I observed is that the entries in known_hosts created by ssh  
> that are not supported contain a string ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 instead  
> of ssh-rsa.

The problem actually is that there is no ECDSA key support in libssh2  
(which is used by X2Go Client). Unfortunately, most recent (Open)SSH  
implementation do use ECDSA as the default key type.

Thus, I will merge this bug report with #106 which tackles the same problem.

Thanks+Greets,
Mike (who is waiting desperately for the libssh2 developers to  
implement ECDSA)

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb