Subject: Bug#238: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#238: Bundled libraries

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:13:39 +0200

merge #238 #116
severity #238 wishlist
thanks

Hi Orion,

On Fr 14 Jun 2013 04:44:16 CEST Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Package: nx-libs
>
> nx-libs has copies of a number of libraries in nx-X11/extras/ (and  
> some glue in nx-X11/libs).  We should get rid of these and use  
> system provided versions.
>
> As a first stab, I'm able to remove the following without any harm:
>
> rm -r nx-X11/extras/{drm,fonts,ogl-sample,regex,ttf2pt1,x86emu,zlib}
> rm -r nx-X11/lib/{regex,zlib}
>
> expat appears to be essentially the 1.95.6 version.  And can be  
> disabled by setting HasExpat YES in nx-X11/config/cf/host.def.
>
> fontconfig is an unmodified fontconfig 2.3.2 and can be disabled  
> with HasFontconfig YES.
>
> rman is not needed and can be disabled with BuildRman NO.
>
> That's a far as I've gotten today.

Thanks for having started working on this. You earlier reported this  
request via BTS (#116) and getting a fix for this issue rolling is  
pretty valuable, I guess.

We won't be able to remove the source folders you referred to from our  
nx-libs.git repos as the git repos also documents how NoMachine  
releases get merged into NX (redistributed). However, we should get  
rid of those folders at build-time (.deb packages) and get rid of  
those folders from the tarballs (.rpm et al. packages).

So, if you work on this (I know that you work on .rpm based systems),  
please edit nx-libs.git/debian/roll-tarball.sh for us whenever you  
want to remove files from the tarball. If you need some other build  
options, provide that change as a patch for our patch system. Just  
send the patch, I will transform that into an appropriate quilt patch.

For the .deb build process, we have to move folders out of the way  
during build-time via /debian/rules. I can see to that, once you have  
a diff for the roll-tarball.sh script.

Greets+Thanks!
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb