Subject: Re: x2goclient on mac without sshd reports error

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:01:58 +0100

Control: close -1
Control: fixed -1 4.1.0.0

On 11.06.2013 11:03 AM, Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.0.1.0
> Severity: minor
> 
> On Macs where sshd (system preferences -> sharing -> remote login) hasn't ever
> been enabled, there does not exist any ssh host key. X2goclient looks for this
> key (/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub) and if it does not find it, it opens a dialog
> box, complaining that sshd isn't running and that filesharing and local printing
> won't work. This despite the session given by x2gobroker has these features
> disabled. X2goclient should only complain about none-running/working sshd if it
> is actually needed.

This should be irrelevant in 4.1.0.0, since we're now always starting a private
sshd instance and generate temporary keys for every connection.

Are you still using X2Go? It's been 4 years and I'm the type to assume things...

Mihai