Subject: Bug#233: X2Go (agent) crashes related to Xinerama?

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:14:26 +0000

Control: tag -1 moreinfo

Hi Ross,

a year ago you reported an issue you have with X2Go [1] to the X2Go BTS.

I hope this was not a show stopper for you and you still use X2Go for  
other tasks...

May I ask:

Does the problem still exist?
Does the observed issue occur when Xinerama support in X2Go Client is enabled?
Can you provide any more debugging information?

Thanks,
Mike

[1] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=233
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:10:00 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi Ross,

On  Mi 02 Jul 2014 18:51:59 CEST, Ross Barnes wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Mike Gabriel <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Control: tag -1 moreinfo
>>
>> Hi Ross,
>>

> I do not know if the problem still exists. I currently have x2go installed
> on Arch linux with no problems.

Ok, then... I will close this bug as we may have found the reason for  
such crashes on some Linux distribution (cf. #410).

If you this issue reoccurs, feel free to reopen bug #233 or report as  
a new issue.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:15:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the nx-libs package:

#233: X2goserver 4.0.1.0 Segmenation fault

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
233: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=233
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: X2Go (agent) crashes related to Xinerama?
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: Ross Barnes <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:10:00 +0000

Control: close -1

Hi Ross,

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

Subject: X2goserver 4.0.1.0 Segmenation fault
From: Ross Barnes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:36:27 -0500

Package: x2goserver-4.0.1.0

Hello, I use X2go for remote access into my virtual lab server to run GNS3.
This is a python application that allows a user to build networked router
labs.

I have been using X2go 3.1.1.9-0 on Debian Squeeze with no problems. I
updated my server this weekend to Debian Wheezy. The repository updated
X2go to 4.0.1.0-0. I am now having the below issues when I try to run my
application. I also experience this with the baikal 4.0.0.3-0 version.

This occurs with the 3.99.2.1 windows client, the 3.99.3.0-0 linux client,
and the windows 4.0.0.3 windows client. There is no issue with the
application directly on the server. I can launch it on a monitor.

on command line, I issue the following...

user@vlab:~$ /opt/GNS3/gns3
Segementation fault
user@vlab:~$

/var/log/messages file reveals...

Jun 10 13:07:39 vlab kernel: [54264.138060] python[20110]: segfault at 0 ip
00007fe724db5dd0 sp 00007fff49a860b8 error 4 in
libNX_X11.so.6.2[7fe724d50000+f3000]