Subject: Bug#225: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#225: when uninstalling x2goclient from windows, the .x2go folder remains

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:23:51 +0200

Am 30.05.2013 18:46, schrieb Αλέξανδρος Τασίκας:
> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.0.0.3
>
> when uninstalling x2goclient, the .x2go folder which is in the user 
> space (in windows-XP C:\Docs&Sets\username\.x2go)is not deleted!!! I 
> think the uninstall process should delete folder also.
> (maybe related with Bug#224)
>

Deleting stuff from user directories is a bad idea and should not be 
done. Please think of multi-user setups on the same machine. A user 
might have an individual copy of x2goclient.exe somewhere (there's no 
requirement to install x2goclient, it can be run as a 
portable/stand-alone application) and you'd delete that user's settings 
with a system-wide purge of all "C:\Documents and Settings\*\.x2go" 
directories. This is not what you want.

Just my 0.02€,
Stefan