Subject: X2Go issue (in src:x2gobroker) has been marked as closed

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 23:22:19 +0200 (CEST)

close #218
thanks

Hello,

we are very hopeful that X2Go issue #218 reported by you
has been resolved in the new release (0.0.2.3) of the
X2Go source project »src:x2gobroker«.

You can view the complete changelog entry of src:x2gobroker (0.0.2.3)
below, and you can use the following link to view all the code changes
between this and the last release of src:x2gobroker.

    http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2gobroker.git;a=commitdiff;h=5a969b79741be3d85dc82738361dfda4fc10c75d;hp=6a16a5739fc702c12d3cc8738837a8a29cae8c12

If you feel that the issue has not been resolved satisfyingly, feel
free to reopen this bug report or submit a follow-up report with
further observations described based on the new released version
of src:x2gobroker.

Thanks a lot for contributing to X2Go!!!

light+love
X2Go Git Admin (on behalf of the sender of this mail)

---
X2Go Component: src:x2gobroker
Version: 0.0.2.3
Status: RELEASE
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 23:21:29 +0200
Fixes: 152 218
Changes: 
 x2gobroker (0.0.2.3) RELEASED; urgency=low
 .
   * New upstream version (0.0.2.3):
     - inifile broker: Allow explicit specification combinations of
       »<hostname> (<address>)« in host= session profile field. (Fixes: #218).
     - Add rootless=false to example session profiles for all Desktop sessions in
       x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf.
     - Handle the rootless property automatically for know-by-name desktop
       sessions.
     - Make enable-plain-output, enable-uccs-output functional.
     - Add agent-quer-mode »NONE«. Disable X2Go Broker Agent calls completely.
     - Add status={S,R} to session profile list items when returned through X2Go
       Session Broker. (Fixes: #152). Handle taking over of running sessions and
       resuming sessions more reliably. Provide mechanism to suspend/terminate
       sessions through X2Go Server's (>= 4.0.1.0) x2gocleansessions daemon.

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:32:56 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2gobroker package:

#218: x2gobroker: Hostname is used instead of FQDN

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: X2Go issue (in src:x2gobroker) has been marked as closed
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 23:22:19 +0200 (CEST)

close #218
thanks

Hello,

light+love

---

Subject: x2gobroker: Hostname is used instead of FQDN
From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:30:29 +0200

Package: x2gobroker
Version: 0.0.2.2

I am setting up a loadbalanced cluster of x2go servers with a broker in
front. There are thinclients on the LAN accessing the broker/cluster and
there will be users logging on from outside. Users on the LAN are served
term1.example.lan and term2.example.lan, whereas users from outside get
term1.example.com and term2.example.com. So far everything has worked fine,
but now I have started testing outside access, which does not work.
x2gobroker (with autologin) tells x2goclient to access term1 or term2 - it
leaves out the rest of the domain name. This works fine on the LAN, because
the machines there have example.lan set as their searchdomain, but machines
from outside can't resolve "term1" to "term1.example.com" and need to be
given the FQDN. Please note that the FQDNs is specified in the
sessionprofiles, but x2goclient still tries to resolve the short version of
the name.

-- 
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab
(Society for Danish Language and Literature)