Subject: Add maximun available desktop area to session resolutions combo box

From: Ricardo Díaz Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 16:18:04 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Severity: wishlist
Tag: patch

I attach a patch to add the maximun available resolution for each monitor
in the session display resolutions combo box.

I think it will be useful for the users.

Regards,

--
<http://www.oceanosoft.com>

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 22:10:48 +0200

tag #214 - patch
tag #214 moreinfo
thanks

Hi Ricardo,

> I think it will be useful for the users.

thanks for this patch. Counter-suggestion: add a radio button to the  
session profile GUI that always sets the maxdim of the currently used  
local desktop.

Check the pyhoca-gui session profile manager for a comparison.

Normally, in the session profile options, you either set width= and  
height=, or you set fullscreen=true, or you set maxdim=true.

If maxdim is set to true, then it has precedence over the width= /  
height= parameters.

Could you rather implement that?

Thanks+Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Ricardo Díaz Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:34:17 +0100

2013/5/20 Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>

> session profile GUI that always sets the maxdim of the currently used local
> desktop.
>

I'll take a look to pyhoca-gui session profile!

> If maxdim is set to true, then it has precedence over the width= / height=
> parameters.
>

Note that maxdim is only available in x2goclient linux version. Looks like
Alex found some problem with this feature in windows/mac/maemo. I was
working some weeks ago to do it and I show lots of #ifdef sentences to
avoid this feature in no linux enviroments. So I decided to implement this
"uggly" feature and sent the patch. I can do the work but I'd have to
change a lot of Alex code. Maybe I have to write to Alex to know if he
found problem with "use max available area". What do you think about?

---

From: Ricardo Díaz Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:49:49 +0000

This new patch add an option box in windows/mac clients (in linux it
isn't necessary because this feature is working in current stable).

If user set "max available area" max height and max width are stored in
session settings.

It was tested in linux and in windows and works as expected.

Anyway I'd like to include patch #0006 too because I think it's useful too.

Cheers,
Ricardo

> mail: mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.**de<[email-masked]>,
> http://das-netzwerkteam.de
>
> freeBusy:
> https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.**de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-**
> netzwerkteam.de.xfb<https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb>
> _______________________________________________
> X2Go-Dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-dev
>

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 23:43:20 +0200

tag #214 - moreinfo
tag #214 patch
thanks

Hi Ricardo,

> Anyway I'd like to include patch #0006 too because I think it's useful too.

This one nearly slipped through because the patch tag was not set  
again when sending in a new patch.

I am currently test-building X2Go Client on Linux with your patch  
applied and I will probably push it to X2Go Git in a minute or so.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy: