Subject: Some comments on this

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 23:58:01 +0100

In nxagent-3.5.0-8 NoMachine has tweaked the version number of
nxagent to work better with cairo. So doing this is not completely
unusual for NX...

In nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/
nxagent/Init.c you can find these lines:
-----------------------------------------------------------
/*
* Avoid slowness due to buggy_repeat workaround
* in libcairo versions >= 1.10.
*/

SetVendorRelease(70000000);
-----------------------------------------------------------

And in the CHANGELOG:
-----------------------------------------------------------
nxagent-3.5.0-8

- Fixed TR01J02646. Performance issues with cairo version 1.12.
-----------------------------------------------------------

However, the current cairo code contains this
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/tree/src/cairo-xlib-display.c
around line 300):
-----------------------------------------------------------
if (VendorRelease (dpy) >= 60700000) {
   if (VendorRelease (dpy) < 70000000)
display->buggy_repeat = TRUE;
}
-----------------------------------------------------------

As NX is presenting itself as 70000000 the condition is false already
and changing the version to 70100000 would not change the cairo
behaviour here.

BTW: Xorg 6.9 and 7.0 are the same code. 7.0 has just been
restructured completely and adapted to automake.

Uli

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 13:24:30 +0000

Control: close -1

> nxagent/Init.c you can find these lines:

Agreeing with Uli on this and thus closing.

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb