Subject: windows client ignores ssh port

From: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:52:01 +0200

Package: X2Go Client
Version: 4.0.0.3 (Qt - 4.8.1)

I want to use x2go over port 17022. For testing I therefore set 
Virtualbox to forward 17022 -> 22 and entered 17022 as ssh port in the 
x2goclient's config. After a while, a connection timeout window appears 
detailing that 127.0.0.2:22 could not be reached. Having VBox forward 22 
-> 22 and entering 22 in x2goclient resolved this.

Best,
Matthias

I am using Win7 64bit Host, Vbox 4.2.12, Xubuntu 12.10 guest
matthias@matthias-VirtualBox:~$ uname -a
Linux matthias-VirtualBox 3.5.0-27-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 25 
19:58:17 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:40:59 +0200

tag #195 moreinfo
found #195 4.0.0.3
thanks

Hi Matthias,

On Mo 29 Apr 2013 14:52:01 CEST Matthias Kauer wrote:

> Virtualbox to forward 17022 -> 22 and entered 17022 as ssh port in  
> the x2goclient's config. After a while, a connection timeout window  
> appears detailing that 127.0.0.2:22 could not be reached. Having  
> VBox forward 22 -> 22 and entering 22 in x2goclient resolved this.
>
> Best,
> Matthias
>

thanks for your bug report.

Please give us some feedback on the questions below:

   o do you manipulate the SSH port in the global X2Go Client configuration
     (Windows Registry folder ,,settings'')?
   o or do you manipulate the SSH port in the session profile?
   o (I presume a yes for first of the two questions above)

Neither am I getting clean the setup you have.

   o is the VBox VM your X2Go Server?
   o or your X2Go Client?

I hope to get your problem fixed with the next X2Go Client release, so  
a quick response is appreciated.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 23:53:37 +0800

Hi Gabriel,
I can't verify all your questions right now since I don't have access to 
this setup for a bit, but I'll try my best:

The VM is the server, I was essentially connecting from the host system 
to the guest system. I rerouted port 17022 in the advanced NAT settings 
(or port forwarding settings) of virtual box and I never actually 
changed the ssh port. [This setup worked with putty, but maybe I should 
verify if this is at the root of the problem]

About where I manipulate the port, I really think that was in the 
session profile and I probably never touched the global settings.
I'll try to verify that ASAP though.

Best,
Matthias

On 21/6/2013 4:40 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> x2goclient's config. After a while, a connection timeout window
>> appears detailing that 127.0.0.2:22 could not be reached. Having VBox
>> forward 22 -> 22 and entering 22 in x2goclient resolved this.
>>
>> Best,
>> Matthias
>>
> I hope to get your problem fixed with the next X2Go Client release, so a
> quick response is appreciated.
>
> Mike
>
>

---

From: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:04:54 +0800

Alright,
I reverified this today.

So I go to Port Management in Vbox and select 17022 -> 22. I connect to 
ssh via port 17022 and putty successfully connects for verification that 
this works. I then start up x2go-client and enter (under session 
management -> session preferences) host: 127.0.0.2, port: 17022, session 
type:XFCE.
I then connect, enter my pw and wait.
I get an error window saying "Timeout connecting to 127.0.0.2" with 
title "Can not connect to 127.0.0.2:22" (wrong port here!)

I then change the port forward in Vbox and in x2go-client to 22 and now 
I can connect.

So again: VBox is representing the server here and I am manipulating the 
session profile, I am not sure where those global preferences that you 
are talking about are.

Best,
Matthias