Subject: Bug#195: windows client ignores ssh port

From: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:52:01 +0200

Package: X2Go Client
Version: 4.0.0.3 (Qt - 4.8.1)

I want to use x2go over port 17022. For testing I therefore set 
Virtualbox to forward 17022 -> 22 and entered 17022 as ssh port in the 
x2goclient's config. After a while, a connection timeout window appears 
detailing that 127.0.0.2:22 could not be reached. Having VBox forward 22 
-> 22 and entering 22 in x2goclient resolved this.

Best,
Matthias

I am using Win7 64bit Host, Vbox 4.2.12, Xubuntu 12.10 guest
matthias@matthias-VirtualBox:~$ uname -a
Linux matthias-VirtualBox 3.5.0-27-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 25 
19:58:17 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:40:59 +0200

tag #195 moreinfo
found #195 4.0.0.3
thanks

Hi Matthias,

On Mo 29 Apr 2013 14:52:01 CEST Matthias Kauer wrote:

> Virtualbox to forward 17022 -> 22 and entered 17022 as ssh port in  
> the x2goclient's config. After a while, a connection timeout window  
> appears detailing that 127.0.0.2:22 could not be reached. Having  
> VBox forward 22 -> 22 and entering 22 in x2goclient resolved this.
>
> Best,
> Matthias
>

thanks for your bug report.

Please give us some feedback on the questions below:

   o do you manipulate the SSH port in the global X2Go Client configuration
     (Windows Registry folder ,,settings'')?
   o or do you manipulate the SSH port in the session profile?
   o (I presume a yes for first of the two questions above)

Neither am I getting clean the setup you have.

   o is the VBox VM your X2Go Server?
   o or your X2Go Client?

I hope to get your problem fixed with the next X2Go Client release, so  
a quick response is appreciated.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 23:53:37 +0800

Hi Gabriel,
I can't verify all your questions right now since I don't have access to 
this setup for a bit, but I'll try my best:

The VM is the server, I was essentially connecting from the host system 
to the guest system. I rerouted port 17022 in the advanced NAT settings 
(or port forwarding settings) of virtual box and I never actually 
changed the ssh port. [This setup worked with putty, but maybe I should 
verify if this is at the root of the problem]

About where I manipulate the port, I really think that was in the 
session profile and I probably never touched the global settings.
I'll try to verify that ASAP though.

Best,
Matthias

On 21/6/2013 4:40 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> x2goclient's config. After a while, a connection timeout window
>> appears detailing that 127.0.0.2:22 could not be reached. Having VBox
>> forward 22 -> 22 and entering 22 in x2goclient resolved this.
>>
>> Best,
>> Matthias
>>
> I hope to get your problem fixed with the next X2Go Client release, so a
> quick response is appreciated.
>
> Mike
>
>

---

From: Matthias Kauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:04:54 +0800

Alright,
I reverified this today.

So I go to Port Management in Vbox and select 17022 -> 22. I connect to 
ssh via port 17022 and putty successfully connects for verification that 
this works. I then start up x2go-client and enter (under session 
management -> session preferences) host: 127.0.0.2, port: 17022, session 
type:XFCE.
I then connect, enter my pw and wait.
I get an error window saying "Timeout connecting to 127.0.0.2" with 
title "Can not connect to 127.0.0.2:22" (wrong port here!)

I then change the port forward in Vbox and in x2go-client to 22 and now 
I can connect.

So again: VBox is representing the server here and I am manipulating the 
session profile, I am not sure where those global preferences that you 
are talking about are.

Best,
Matthias

---

From: Олег Кочкин (Oleg Kochkin) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 20:13:14 +0300

This bug is also present in version 4.1.2.2 for Linux.
The program ignores the specified ssh port number, both from the profile 
settings (GUI) and from the command line.

The program uses the value "Port" specified in the "/etc/ssh/ssh_config" 
file of the client computer.
Because of this, it is impossible to use the program if the port to 
which you want to connect differs from the one specified in 
"/etc/ssh/ssh_config".

Only in my case, there was no timeout, but there were certificate 
errors, because, the login was carried out on another ssh server located 
on the same IP address.

The way out is to use the PyHOCA-GUI client - it connects without 
problems to any specified port.

---

From: Sophia jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:55:13 +0000

Greetings I am  Sophia jasper. I hope we can start a relationship please reply me