Subject: Bug#163: [packaging-Debian] x2goserver should depend on X11 font utilities

From: Dániel Kondor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:39:38 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.0.1-0~x2go1+wheezy~main~648~build1

Hi,

we recently installed the X2Go server to a headless server machine, which
does not have a normal X server installed. After installing the x2goserver
package and required dependencies we could not log in to the machine, the
relevant error in the logfile ('/tmp/.x2go-*/*.log) was:

Error: Aborting session with 'Could not open default font 'fixed''.

After manually installing the following (X server font handling related)
Debian packages, the problem was fixed: fontconfig, libxfont1,
xfonts-base, xfonts-encodings, xfonts-utils.

I suppose these packages should be a dependency of x2goserver?

The server has Debian Wheezy installed, the x2go server package was
obtained from the X2Go Debian repository:
'http://packages.x2go.org/debian/wheezy/main amd64 Packages'.

Regards:

Dániel Kondor

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:48:02 +0000

Thank you for filing a new Bug report with X2Go.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has been forwarded to the package maintainers (but not
other interested parties, as you requested) for their attention; they
will reply in due course.

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
 X2Go Developers <[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
163: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=163
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 22:41:50 +0200

tag #163 pending
thanks

Hi Dániel,

> 'http://packages.x2go.org/debian/wheezy/main amd64 Packages'.

Thanks for reporting. Committed to x2goserver.git, will be fixed in  
the next X2Go Server release.

master branch:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=d82c2044f94705ba3884168b2b6f35066d5f0f8e

release branch:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=fb53bd9d0133a821a410e716d186a6b5c728fd29

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb